A Smartphone Novel

You probably have not noticed that I’ve not had a computer for the last week. Why? It had to be taken into the shop to be fixed. I’ve been trying to keep up with emails on my phone and finding other ways to get little things done. One thing I did start was a new story called Two Hearts. I sometimes write the old fashioned way by hand..But not this time…I’ve actually been writing it on my smartphone. Is it uncomfortable to type on those little keys. Weirdly no not really. I think it is because I’m so use to typing text messages and answering emails on the phone I have no trouble. I managed to write 1k of the new story on the phone’s word program. I can only write if I email myself a file with a few words. All I do is use the edit function and continue on. If I want the full version I need to buy the program for the smartphone and honestly I don’t see myself using it a lot more or writing that I do now.

Have you ever written a book on your phone?

I will say this is a whole new experience in writing….

Ari ThatcherMarch 6th, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Wow, I think I would shoot myself. Actually, after reading the lastest on Damn You Auto Correct, I have thought about writing short stories allowing DYOC to help. Should be interesting!

Shelley MunroMarch 6th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I can’t say I have. I’m not very good at texting. I’d find it difficult to be without a computer. It’s bad enough when I go on holiday and I can’t check email! Yep, I’m officially sad. Good luck with your story.

Savannah ChaseMarch 6th, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Ari you get use to it typing on such a small set of keys.

Shelley no you’re not sad. Why do you think I resorted to the phone. Needed to keep up with work and all.

Julia Rachel BarrettMarch 6th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Oh heck no! How tough! The keys are way too small for me, but if I had to write everything out long hand? I wouldn’t like that either! Not anymore!

L'AussieMarch 6th, 2011 at 4:27 pm

This is my first week of reading through my crusader groups posts before anything else. You need to go and read my current lol post. You could add something to it! I have enough sending a message on mine let alone writing a novel. I do hope you get your computer back soon!

Denise<3

NasMarch 6th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Good luck with the writing, I also use my phone for twitter and chcking on blog comments. But so far I haven’t tried writing.

Savannah ChaseMarch 6th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Julia I have been doing pretty good..This is only for the time till my computer is fully back up and running…

L’Aussie I got the computer back but it looks like it will be going back. I think they screwed it up even more…

Nas I have used it to post twitter, facebook and comment on blogs and this has been new to write a book on there… This will stop when my PC is back for good.

Eden BayleeMarch 6th, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Ok, I’m going to sound like a dinosaur here since I don’t even own a cell phone! I think I’m the only person I know who doesn’t. I am so used to a keyboard on my laptop, I cannot possibly think of typing on teeny tiny phone keys. I would probably write longhand before that!

anny cookMarch 7th, 2011 at 8:52 am

Nope. My phone is a pre-paid jobby without texting. If my computer was down I would happily go back to paper and pen. I love writing that way.

More power to you. I can’t imagine writing on a phone.

Casey SheridanMarch 7th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

All I can say is you must have some pretty small fingers to be able to type on your cell phone like that.

I hope your computer is working soon! =)

Lisa FoxMarch 7th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

That’s so crazy! You are so very dedicated to be writing out novels on that itty-bitty keyboard. I am in awe of you.

Savannah ChaseMarch 7th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Eden you are not alone..I know a few people who don’t own a cell phone….So no worries…Yeah I think I have mastered the small keys…

Anny thank you….I have a feeling I might end up finishing the whole thing on the phone.

Casey no not really…I think I have just gotten use to typing on the small keys and that helps a ton.

Lisa if the times call for it I shall do whatever I can…LOL Aww you are so kind….

Tatiana CaldwellMarch 11th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I cringe at the thought of actually trying to type pages on my smartphone, yet I marvel at the concept. How nice it would be for me to just whip it out when I’m in a work meeting and a genius line for the hero jumps into my head – and I could jot it down right then and there with non of my co-workers any the wiser.

Hmm *rubs chin* I just may have to learn to get over my discomfort, eh?

Savannah ChaseMarch 14th, 2011 at 10:31 am

Tatiana LOL…I use to think that as well until I had to try it. Now I really don’t mind it at all..The typing is going fast and pretty good..