Get Your Paranormal Groove On

Welcome to the last stop of the Proudly Paranormal Blog Hop…As part of this fantastic hop I will be giving away a copy of Bid For Love (if you already own Bid For Love don’t worry I can always changes the book for you)..Remember to enter so you can win. All you have to do is drop a comment about my blog, my books or anything you wish.

Why are we so drawn to the paranormal? What is is about ghosts, vampires, werewolves and all the other creatures that pulls us in? In mythology and history all these creatures have been described as such horrible and dangerous creatures that kill and destroy. So why do we want more?

As writers all these different creatures and the paranormal world give us a vast playground when it comes to building words and creating tales of love, seduction, romance and fantasy.

Personally I love the paranormal genre because I’m fascinated by everything about it. The history, the stories that have been passed down all over the world from different cultures. It is interesting to see what people believe and how it affects them.

One of the best books I own in my collection is a huge dictionary of mythology that is over 1300 pages. It is something that I love to look through and read. It has so many different myth’s and stories that I’ve never heard about and I get inspired.

I know that currently vampires, werewolves, demons, angels are big, and yes I’ve published a vampire novella, but now I’m trying to do something different. I want to dive into something new and introduce readers to other paranormal creatures and mythological creatures.

With all the choices that readers have when it comes to books I think it is always amazing that there is variety they could pick from when it comes to a specific genre of books. Authors are thinking outside the box. We see the market change every few years and it becomes flooded with specific topics. The last few years the obvious has been vampires. Teens and adults have embraced the creature of the night and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down. But with the shifting market you see that writers are starting to look for more and further when it comes to the stories they create.

I don’t think I will ever get tired of the paranormal genre since there is such an array of things that I can bring to life in the pages of my books. The older I get the more I get fascinated with it all.

My question to you is

What paranormal creature do you love?
Do you think that the market is ever going to get sick of books about ghosts, vampires, werewolves and other paranormal creatures?

Now here is a little about my vampire novella Last Night which is currently available at Red Rose Publishing

Last Night by Savannah Chase

Buy Now at Bookstrand
Buy Now at Trapezium Books

Buy Now at Chapters.ca

Review
Trailer

Trading Cards

The world Aila comes from is one most don’t know exist. Her life lies in the hands of destiny but she is determined to risk it all for one man, Quade. Their worlds were never meant to collide, but something has brought them together. Can love save them or will destiny give them one last night!

EXCERPT:

He cupped her face and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Are you okay?”

Her hunger slated along with her panic now that she knew he was safe, and unharmed.

“I couldn’t find you anywhere, and I got worried something had happened to you.”

Quade scooped her up in his arms with ease, and proceeded toward the cabin.

“You have nothing to worry about. We’re safe here and I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can, but this is different,” she said as she cupped his face.

“I’m sorry for worrying you. Now let’s get out of this rain.”

“What about your wood?” she asked as his warm, wet body caressed her cold skin. Droplets of water cascaded down his face, and dripped from his short black hair.

“I’ll come back for it later. It can wait. I thought I could get it done before you awoke but it took a bit longer.”

“Are you hurt? I smelled blood when I came out.”

“I’m fine, I just cut my finger but I’ll survive.”

In a few steps they were inside the warm cabin. Quade nudged the door shut behind them with his foot, and then one after the other kicked off his boots with her still in his arms. He headed for the bedroom where he laid her down on the soft blanket that covered the bed. She watched him go into the bathroom, remove his clothing and wrap a towel around his waist. Aila watched every contour of his body with hunger. Is it even possible to find a more beautiful man than him? She didn’t think so. In her eyes he was perfect. What she wouldn’t give to touch him at that moment. To feel the warmth of his body against hers.

Aila slid off the bed to stand behind him. Heat emanated from him, and soothed her hunger.

Quade turned. “We have to get you out of those wet clothes.” He reached for the top of her shirt and opened it. Little by little his fingers moved lower, freeing each button from its hold. She’d missed these feelings. Being around someone who looked at her not for who she’s known as, but for the woman they had in front of them.

His warm hands slid under her open shirt, and with tenderness he guided it down her arms. The cool air caressed her skin. Her body ached for him, for his touch.

Gabrielle BissetMarch 26th, 2012 at 8:35 am

Great excerpt! I’m currently still in love with my vampire series, but I have to admit there’s a dragon idea that’s been rattling around my head for a while. I think it’s time they got their due in the paranormal spotlight.

Savannah ChaseMarch 26th, 2012 at 8:54 am

Gabrielle, thank you…Oh you are not alone in the dragon world..I’ve started a few dragon books and after this current WIP I hope to finish them. MY latest was inspired by the book I am editing now. She appears in the story…

eden bayleeMarch 26th, 2012 at 9:07 am

Ghosts and vampires are always interesting creatures to know more about. I don’t write about them, but I’m happy writers like you do!

Savannah ChaseMarch 26th, 2012 at 9:37 am

Eden,they are. I love the unknown and the creepy..The everything that we fear but a part of us want to more about…
Maybe one day you will write something, you never know.

Tracey DMarch 26th, 2012 at 10:12 am

That is such a great excerpt, Savannah. I have this book on my must have list.

There seems to be a lot of books about vampires, ghosts, and other paranormals. I like reading these types of books and it’s always good to discover new authors.

booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Tracey, thank you so much. I’m so happy you enjoyed it. Yes it is. I can’t get enough of the genre and am always looking for new books as well. My library is huge now.

Dianne HartsockMarch 26th, 2012 at 10:24 am

From the first time I saw Lon Chaney Jr. as the ‘Wolfman’, I’ve had a passion for werewolves. I don’t think readers will ever tire of the paranormal. It adds that bit of scariness and delightful shiver to life.

Dianne, as long as there are new readers being born they will always discover this genre and have a passion for these types of books…

leannMarch 26th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Good Morning Ms. Savannah! :-) Any weres…wolf, feline, bears, dragons, etc. Mutiple shifters. Vampires, also. (but they’ve been around since Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, too. (wasn’t that a song?) LOL

Leann, they are all good. As long as we use our imagination and create new stories there will be a never ending supply of amazing reads.

johnMarch 26th, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’m always had an interest in Aliens…………who doesn’t!

Rhonda D.March 26th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Wow Savannah! What a hot excerpt! My favorite paranomral is a werewolf. I love them. They are so hot and Alpha!

Rhonda, thank you so much. Werewolf is hot. There is so much raw power there…How can you resist?

Shelley MunroMarch 26th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I enjoyed the excerpt, Savannah. I’ve loved reading paranormal and have done for years. I have a soft spot for feline shifters, but I’d love to read more dragons and maybe some of the Norse Gods and legends.

Rosalie SkinnerMarch 26th, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Great post. Dragons, aliens are a huge part of my paranormal writing. I have sentient dragons and star travellers in my fantasy.
This is a fitting post to end the paranormal blog hop. Savannah… thanks.

Savannah ChaseMarch 26th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

John, aliens are coll as well…

Shelley, thank you so very much. Oh feline shifters are good too..

Rosalie, thank you..Oh wow that sounds way cool. I will have to check out more of your work and add some more books to my list..

Thank you all for taking the time to come by and show support on this last day of the Proudly Paranormal hop.

Liv RancourtMarch 26th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I think the reason I love ti read and write about vampires and other paranormal creatures is that they let me think about tough, real-life issues with a safety net. All manner of mayhem occurs in these stories, but it’s okay because stuff like that could never happen in real life. or at least I hope it doesn’t. Thanks for the post. It’s a great finish to the blog tour!

Renee BennettMarch 26th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Dragon Shifters!!!!!! I want more romances with dragon shifters in them. I have to keep re-reading my favorite dragon shifter books to keep my fix going. I need new dragon books. LOL

All you wonderful authors just keep doing what you do so well and I will keep buying those books. But if you feel the need to write a book or two or three about dragons, feel free. You know there is at least one person who will buy them.

Adriana RyanMarch 26th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Congratulations on the release and on wanting to try something new! :) I have to agree with Renee–I think dragons are going to be huge, and we have a dearth of those books in the market right now.

Hmm, as for my favorite paranormal entities … right now, I have a big soft spot for werewolves. :) Can’t get enough werewolf stories. And ghosts have always been a favorite of mine, but only if they’re evil. :D

Ambrielle KirkMarch 26th, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I love vampires. I certainly haven’t gotten sick of them yet. I’ll get any paranormal creature a chance, though. As long as they’re hot and alpha.

JulianneMarch 26th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

There are a lot of people that say they are tired of reading about vampires and wolf shape shifters, but I’m not one of them. I personally like vampires. The alpha bad boys, the ones that steal your heart and turn it inside out before giving it back. There are so many unique versions of vampires out there. I won’t ever get tired of reading those books that bite.

Savannah ChaseMarch 27th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Liv- I think that it a great reason to love the paranormal…It does give our mind some escape from real life..

Renee- I have a dragon story I started after one of the current characters in this book I am editing decided to want her own story…

Adriana- thank you….No matter what we love I really think the paranormal genre will never go away..

Ambrielle- you are not alone…I am just addicted…Can’t help myself.

Julianne- I think people have not discovered the stories that are out there about vampires in a whole new light. LOL…No not that light…