I Won’t Say Sorry For Being Me

For those of you who know me, you know I’m sweet and always willing to help others. You know I’m the author who writes erotic romance in all genres. You know me for my kinky pinterest boards and the fact that I’m into a lot of things.

Lately I’ve been going through a self discovery journey with not only my writing by my personal self. I’ve started to blossom more and come out being free and uncensored. People who are not used to that might find offence and I don’t mean it.

I’ve always said that I would publish in all the genres of writing because I love them all.

Since people are not used to me publishing in the genre or even talking about it they might be surprised..So here is my way of informing everyone..

I plan to publish male/male, female/female, more menage, BDSM, books with submission and domination…The things you’ve not seen from me till now you will slowly start to. Yes I will also continue to publish the stuff I’ve published till now. That will not change.

I write erotic romance. Yes there is sex, yes there is graphic language. Am I ashamed? Hell no.

I’m an author, I’m a woman and I won’t say sorry for being me or for what I write. I’ve had people make comments to me about being an author and wanting to explore more of these topics. How could I? Well how could I not?

I don’t see anything wrong with any of this.

I want you to know that I will continue to grow..This is a part of the growth.

Stay naughty,

Shyla ColtJune 11th, 2012 at 3:31 am

Well said Savannah. I look forward to seeing the new direction your writing will go in. I think when you’re true to yourself in shines through in your work. Keep being you.

Savannah ChaseJune 11th, 2012 at 5:21 am

Shyla, thank you. I still plan to publish the stuff I’ve done up to now. It is just my genre will be more broad and I will be adding the above books to my menu. I’ve always wanted to but seemed to hold back. Time to stop and time to do it.

Shelley MunroJune 11th, 2012 at 5:24 am

Go, Savannah! I’m cheering for you.

Shelley, thank you so much…I’m ready to kick it..This is all an exciting time and I hope that people will stick with me through it.

S. J. MayleeJune 11th, 2012 at 6:19 am

I’ve got a huge smile on my face right now!! Yeah, Savannah!! You know I love your pinterest boards, I go repin crazy when you’ve been there. I’m looking forward to following you in your journey. πŸ˜€

SJ, I can see you smile…Big and bright…Oh my boards…those are my indulgence and guilty secret that has been revealed to the world..Thank you so much.

Laura EnoJune 11th, 2012 at 7:08 am

Go, Savannah! Well said. We must write what speaks to us. πŸ™‚

Laura, thank you..We must…This has been speaking to me for a long time..

Lily HarlemJune 11th, 2012 at 7:38 am

How could you not! – that sums it up πŸ™‚ Looking forward to more sexy stories from you. Happy writing.

L x

Lily, you are so right. I now must..I can’t wait to share this new stuff with you and the world.

Jessica JordanJune 11th, 2012 at 7:40 am

You should NEVER feel you should apologize for who you are and what you are in to. I say kudos to you for being you and not letting anyone persuade you in a different direction. Enjoy being you! We love you for who you are! HUGS =+)

Jessica, thank you..It is interesting how life changes and makes you open your eyes. There are people who will always try to make you say sorry just because they see a different point of view. I’m putting my foot and whip down…Aww thank you..your support means so much to me.

Ella JadeJune 11th, 2012 at 8:05 am

Self discovery is a beautiful thing. Good for you… Good luck. I know you can do it:)

Ella, yes it is..Sometimes it takes a long time but once you do it makes you feel free and like you have control. Thank you..

Sherry PalmerJune 11th, 2012 at 8:09 am

Never apologize for being you..you are pretty damn awesome in my opinion. Everyone has to grow, try new things..take new challenges and become who they are meant to be. We have to face demons and banish them to become happy. Keep growing and keep blossoming and always be proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. If we don’t move forward, learn, change and give up some things/people…we will only stagnate forever. I can’t way to see more of the Savannah you are becoming, I really like the one you are now. πŸ™‚

Sherry, why thank you..That is so kind of you. You are right, we must grow and explore life. Personal and professional. I love this new me and I’m looking forward to growing even more. Thank you, your support means a lot to me. I stay true to me and what you see is what you get.

Ciara KnightJune 11th, 2012 at 8:42 am

Well said, Savannah. People should buy and read what they want, and you should be able to write and sell what you want.

leannJune 11th, 2012 at 8:51 am

You are You .. if people have a problem with that then they are the ones who will be missing knowing a fabulous lady! We love you UNCONDITIONALLY, that’s what friends do! Keep being yourself in all that you do Ms. Savannah, they are the ones to lose. You are a Good Friend to all of us πŸ™‚ Always, Leann & Becky <3

eden bayleeJune 11th, 2012 at 9:22 am

You go, girl.

Jennifer LeelandJune 11th, 2012 at 10:11 am

It took a little over a year after my first publications to find all this out and I know exactly what you mean. I write what I write and I’m not apologizing for it. I love your stuff and it’s the “personal” touch that gives them the sparkle I need to make a book sing.
As Eden Baylee said, You go girl!!!!

Delilah HuntJune 11th, 2012 at 10:27 am

Go Savannah. I so hear you on that. As writers we are always changing, evolving. We should never allow boundaries to hold us back. I like to erotic but sometimes I like to write the sweet stuff. This is our creativity, write what you want and never for anyone else. Best of luck on your new direction πŸ™‚

Savannah ChaseJune 11th, 2012 at 10:37 am

Eden, thank you..It means a lot..

Jennifer, you are right..I have wanted to do this for so long and held back. Well not anymore. I try to write my books so that people will love them, they fall for every character. I want my book to embrace you when you read it…it that makes sense. Thank you so much..It means a lot.

Delilah, thank you..I write sweet as well and that is a change…I’ve wanted to do this for a while. I write what I feel or what is in my head. I want to share all my work with my readers and the world.

ceciliaJune 11th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Well said, Savannah. I’ve had comments being made to me as well for reading m/m or BDSM. Let them roll off your shoulder. If I was as good in writing steamy BDSM or m/m or f/f I would. Oh, maybe I will. πŸ™‚ Point is, you are you. no one can tell you what to do. Hang in there and do what you do best. πŸ™‚

Have a great week!

Savannah ChaseJune 11th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Ceclia, people don’t get the fact you are who you are and you read what you like or write what you like. Nobody forces anyone to write it or read it. Thank you for your support…I hope you have a great week as well.

ceciliaJune 11th, 2012 at 10:51 am

Och,,,got carried away I forgot to let you know I tagged you for the Lucky 7 meme on my blog. πŸ™‚

Ranae RoseJune 11th, 2012 at 11:01 am

Go, Savannah! I love this post. πŸ™‚

Recently I’ve been going through something similar … my first gay and mΓ©nage titles came out recently. For a little while I restricted what I wrote and published, but eventually I decided to go for it and write and publish what I want. I don’t care if some people get offended or judge me — heck, I’m an author of erotic romance, that’s going to happen anyway.

Ranae, thank you so much. I want to say congrats to you on also taking the step and doing what you want to do. I’m thrilled to be taking this bath and embracing the me I am…It is an amazing thing and there is no turning back…

BL BonitaJune 11th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Self-discovery and growth is a big part of this business. I’m in a similar situation myself. πŸ™‚ I say, be proud, be strong, and write whatever the hell you want, because dammit, it’s going to be good! *shaking fist*

BL, it is great to see you doing that as well. Oh I’m very proud and getting stronger each day. I can see you shake that fist..LOL

Rebecca ZanettiJune 11th, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Nicely put. πŸ™‚

Rebecca, thank you…

Julia Rachel BarrettJune 11th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

You get to make your own choices, Savannah!

Julia, yes I really do…It is my life…

DeniseJune 11th, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Hell ya, well said Savannah! I agree with everyone here, be yourself do not say sorry to no one for being you. You are you and that is what makes you unique!

Denise, thank you so much…Thank you for your kind words..I truly try to be…

Debora DennisJune 11th, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Being true to yourself is NEVER anything to say you’re sorry for! Kudos for knowing who you are and what you want.
Go blossom and reach for the stars.

Debora, no it is not..For the longest time I was made to feel like it at times.Thank you..I really plan to…Step by step.

Morticia KnightJune 11th, 2012 at 1:50 pm

You go girl! Stay true to the muse… And all those genres sound great to me! πŸ˜‰

Morticia, thank you…your support means a lot. I’m happy to hear you think so..

Rosanna LeoJune 11th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

No need to be sorry- you’re fab!

Rosanna, aww thank you…

JuneJune 11th, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Considering that I read about all those genres, I am very excited, LOL. Congrats and best of luck. Can’t wait to read more πŸ™‚

June,thank you so much…Ohh that makes me smile…I can’t wait to start releasing these books.

Ann CoryJune 11th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Rock that confident attitude lady πŸ™‚ Totally got your back. Explore that naughty side!!

Ann, thank you..oh I plan to rock it and explore it…all the way…

PaParanormalFan (Renee’ S.)June 11th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Male/Male, Female/Female, Menage, BDSM, Submission & Domination Oh My LMAO…..WooooHoooo You Go Savannah!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!
Doin’ the Happy Dance & Shakin’ my Booty LOL for Savannah
(_/_)….(_\_)….(_/_) LOL
You know I’m a BIG Fan of yours Savannah, I’m soooo thrilled for you wanting to continue exploring all aspects of your writing…..& it’s GREAT because your Fans get to go on this Incredible Ride with You!!! πŸ™‚

Take care & Stay Naughty,
PaParanormalFan (Renee’ S.)

Renee, LOL..thank you..love the happy dance…you being a fan means a lot and so does your support…I want to give readers more and more of what is inside me to write..Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

AJ BestJune 29th, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Brava! Wooo hooo!

I can’t wait for more Pinterest!

Savannah ChaseJune 30th, 2012 at 10:52 am

AJ, of you can expect a ton more..